Indian Amit Bhadana in Top 10 YouTube Creators of 2018
With 11.8 million subscribers, comedian Amit Bhadana has topped the list of Indian top YouTube creators in 2018, the Google-owned video sharing platform said on Thursday. Amit was also the only Indian to feature on the global top 10, coming in at number 9 with his video 'Behen Bhai Ki School Life' .
Following him closely is another homegrown comedy star Bhuvan Bam, who runs the channel BB Ki Vines at YouTube, with over 11.2 million subscribers, according to the "YouTube Rewind 2018" report. Tech vlogger Technical Guruji, motivational speaker Sandeep Maheshwari, and comedian Ashish Chanchlani make up the rest of the top five.
Here are the top Indian creators of 2018:
1. Amit Bhadana - 11.8 Million - Comedy
2. BB Ki Vines - 11.2 Million -Comedy
3. Technical Guruji - 10.4 Million - Technology
4. Sandeep Maheshwari - 8.8 Million - Motivational
5. Ashish Chanchlani - 8.1 Million - Comedy
6. TS Madaan - -6.4Million - Motivational
7. Nisha Madhulika - 5.9 Million - Food
8. Vivek Bindra - 5.7 Million - Motivational
9. Sanam - 5 Million - Music
10. Vidya Vox - 4.9 Million - Music
Sanjay Dutt's blockbuster biopic Sanju, played by Ranbir Kapoor, was the most trending movie trailer of the year with over 60 million views.
Among the most viewed ads at YouTube were Hyundai's 20 years of "Brilliant Moments" ad, followed by Samsung's ad from Bixby voice assistant.
YouTube's global #1 Top Trending Video of 2018 is TV star Kylie Jenner’s “To Our Daughter,” an 11-minute film following her pregnancy and birth of daughter Stormi. The video has been watched over 53 million times to date.
Also Read : Kylie Jenner 'insecure' about post-baby body
Here are global top creators of 2018:
1. Kylie Jenner -To Our Daughter.
2. Dude Perfect - Real Life Trick Shots 2
3. Liza Koshy and David Dobrik - We Broke Up.
4. Mason Ramsey - Walmart Yodeling Kid
5. AsapSCIENCE - 'Do You Hear ‘Yanny’ or ‘Laurel’? Solved With Science
6. FIFA TV - Portugal v Spain during 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
7. Primitive Survival Tool - Build Swimming Pool Around Underground House
8. YouTube Originals - Cobra Kai's Episode 1
9. Amit Bhadana - Behan Bhai Ki School Life
10. KhangProFilm - Lâm Chấn Khang: Người Trong Giang Hồ Phần 6
YouTube found that one of the many ways people use the platform in India is to learn how to do something -- from day to day questions ("how to tie a tie") to bigger ones ("how to be an Indian fashion designer").
In fact, 71 per cent of online video viewers go first to YouTube to watch videos to learn something, the report said.
(With inputs from: IANS, DNA)
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)