After a world premiere on 22 April, Avengers: Endgame hit theatres in India on 26 April. The film brings to a close an 11-year-long saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which has been spread over 22 films. It has been directed by the Joe and Anthony Russo and produced by Kevin Feige.
- Avengers: Endgame sees the Avengers attempt to undo the destruction Thanos wreaked on the universe in Avengers: Infinity War
- Ticketing platform BookMyShow recorded 2.5 million tickets in advance sales in India ahead of the film’s release
- Film trade analysts predict that the movie could earn a whopping Rs 350 crore at the Indian box office
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ earns $169 million from 25 major markets internationally
- Fans turned up excited for the first day first show at 7 am in the morning
'Avengers: Endgame' Fans Speak Their Hearts out on the First Day First Show
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame starring Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and loads of other actors hit Indian theatres on 26th April. So The Quint headed to watch the first day show of the movie at PVR, Lower Parel. Fans spoke about their expectations from the film before the show started and also recorded their experiences after the film. No spoilers, promise!
Joe Russo Talks About His Cameo in the Film
Spoilers alert! Joe Russo has spilled the beans about his character in Avengers: Endgame. He essays the role of a gay man in the film, and it will be a cameo.
“Representation is really important,” Joe Russo told Deadline. “It was important to us as we did four of these films, we wanted a gay character somewhere. We felt it was important that one of us play him, to ensure the integrity and show it is so important to the filmmakers that one of us is playing the character. It is a perfect time, because one of the things that is compelling about the Marvel Universe moving forward is its focus on diversity”, the director said.
Google Gets on Board With 'Avengers: Endgame'
Avengers: Endgame is here, and celebrating the Avengers spirit is none other than Google itself.
Want to know what happens when you search ‘Thanos’ on Google and click on his Infinity Stone-studded gauntlet? Well, you can a: Actually go to Google and try it. Or B: if you are feeling lazy, just look at the tweet below.
Read more on The Quint.