Cinema Halls Reopen In Delhi, Bengaluru: What Are the New Rules?
Here’s what needs to be followed while visiting a cinema hall.
All cinema halls, theaters and multiplexes are allowed to function from Thursday, 15 October, in Delhi and Bengaluru, but with a limited seating capacity. The entertainment spots are reopening after being shut for over seven months since March.
Information and Broadcasting minister Prakash Javadekar on 6 October tweeted the list of precautionary measures to be followed before entering the theatres. Here’s what needs to be followed while visiting a cinema hall.
Who will be allowed?
- It is mandatory for people to wear masks/face cover both inside the auditorium and within the premises
- Thermal screening to be carried out and only asymptomatic individuals will be allowed inside the theater.
- As a precautionary measure, audience is advised to self-monitor health and report any illness
What should be the seating capacity inside the halls?
- Occupancy of the auditorium shall not be more than 50 percent.
- Adequate physical distancing while seating.
- Seats "Not to Be Occupied" shall be marked as such.
What are the basic SOPs to be followed by the theatres?
- There will be adequate provision for hand wash and hand sanitisers at the halls and multiplexes
- Staggered show timings will be followed for different screens
- Digital modes of payment will be encouraged
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the box office and other areas
- Sufficient number of counters at the box office shall be opened
- Floor markers shall be used at the box office to maintain physical distancing while queuing
- Measures for the safety of sanitisation staff to be taken, such as adequate provisions for gloves, boots, masks, PPEs etc
- Contact number of viewers shall be taken for contact tracing
Will ticket counters be open?
Purchase of tickets at the box office to be open throughout the day and advance booking to be allowed to avoid crowding.
Can I buy food inside the multiplex?
- Only packaged food and beverages to be allowed, no delivery inside the theatre/cinema hall
- Multiple sale counters for food and beverages to avoid overcrowding
Will there be PSAs in the cinema halls?
Yes. Announcements regarding wearing masks, physical distancing and hand hygiene to be made before and after screening and during intermission.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.