Coldplay Jams With Rahman And Ends With Channa Mereya
India can’t get enough of ‘Coldplay’ and after waiting all day, we wish this would never end.
It was an epic day and we expected nothing less of Coldplay’s first performance in India. Mind is blown. Here are all the highlights from a day Mumbai will never forget-
When India Met Coldplay:
- Chris Martin’s opening words were in Hindi and he’s got 85,000 people swaying to Coldplay’s best.
- PM Modi cracked a joke about his own singing, the note ban and pledged to make India ‘swachh’ in every way.
- Jay Z’s electrifying performance was epic and so was his Chaiyyan Chaiyyan with SRK.
- AR Rahman made Mumbai happy with Tu Hi Re and other gems.
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis pledged to make the state free of open defecation by March 2018
- Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Freida Pinto, Sonakshi Sinha, Shraddha Kapoor and other Bollywood celebs kept us entertained as we waited for the headlining band.
The audience was swept off their feet when A R Rahman joined Coldplay on stage to jam together for nothing less than Vande Mataram.
And that’s not all. He followed it up with the superhit Channa Mereya from Karan Johar’s ADHM!
Finally! India Meets Coldplay
Did Chris Martin just speak in Hindi? Yup, that’s right, and what he said was adorable too.
Namaste Mumbai, yeh humaari khush quismati hai ki hum itne sundar desh mein aaye hain. (Namaste Mumbai, it’s our good fortune that we’re performing in such a beautiful country)Chris Martin
Finally! Coldplay is on stage and the wait has been well worth it. Chris Martin opens with A Head Full Of Dreams and he’s got the 85,000 Mumbaikars swaying.
And here comes our big big favourite, Yellow.
Don’t Make Us Wait More Freida :P
Shah Rukh Khan and Freida Pinto just got boo-ed. Why? Well because Freida wanted to talk about the Global Citizen goals. But forcing the audience to listen when all they want is to groove to Coldplay live. Don’t mind Freida and SRK, but clear the stage guys! Bring on Coldplay.
We’re inching closer to Coldplay, but for now, here are Nina and Malika from Elektrovertz.
Half Australian (Malika) and half English (Nina) they are truly international and love to party!!!
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.