Don’t Have Voter ID? You Can Use These Documents/ID Proofs to Vote
Passport, Aadhaar and Driving Licence are among the valid documents a citizen can use to cast his/her vote.
With the 2019 Lok Sabha elections officially underway, citizens want to check if their names are mentioned on the electoral rolls.
It is because in order to cast vote in any of the elections – Lok Sabha or state Assembly polls – it's mandatory for a citizen to have an election ID card (EPIC), and also his/her name mentioned on the voter list.
However, a citizen can still cast vote in case of a misplaced/lost voter ID as long as he/she has any of the IDs mentioned in the list below, and has already applied for a fresh voter ID to be issued by the Election Commission of India.
2019 Lok Sabha Elections: Valid Douments/ID Proofs You Can Use to Cast Vote
Passport, Aadhaar, Driving Licence and PAN card are among the valid Documents/ID Proofs a citizen can use to cast his/her vote.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Passbook with photograph issued by a recognised bank or post office
- Pension document with photograph for retired personnel
- Service ID card issued by central/state government
- MGNREGA job card
- Health insurance smart card issued by the Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Authenticated photo voter slip issued by election machinery
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.