Rajya Sabha Session From 20 June to 26 July, Budget on 5 July
PM Narendra Modi will retain DoPT, Atomic Energy and all important policy issues and portfolios not allocated.
Amit Shah has formally taken charge as Home Minister, Prakash Javadekar as Minister of Environment and Rajnath Singh as the Defence Minister. Narendra Singh Tomar has taken charge as the Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
The first Parliament session of the new NDA government will be held from 17 June to 26 July, with the election for the Speaker scheduled for 19 June.
The first Cabinet meeting was held on Friday, 31 May, hours after the portfolios were announced.
- The Union Budget will be presented on 5 July, newly sworn-in Union Minister Prakash Javadekar confirmed at a briefing on Friday
- The Rajya Sabha session would be held from 20 June to 26 July
- The Cabinet has also approved the extension of PM Kisan Yojana to all farmers
- PM Narendra Modi will retain DoPT, Atomic Energy and all important policy issues and portfolios not yet allocated
- Nirmala Sitharaman is Finance Minister, Prakash Javadekar gets Information and Broadcasting as well as Environment
Catch all the live updates on the swearing-in ceremony here.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Rajya Sabha Session From 20 June to 26 July
The Rajya Sabha session would be held from 20 June to 26 July, PTI reported on Monday, 3 June.
Amit Shah Takes Charge of Home Ministry
Amit Shah has formally taken charge as Home Minister. MoS (Ministry of Home Affairs) G Kishan Reddy and Nityanand Rai are also present.
Prakash Javadekar Takes Charge As Minister Of Environment
Prakash Javadekar takes charge as the Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. Babul Supriyo takes charge as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.