Karnataka Lockdown With Some Relaxations: What’s Allowed Now?
The existing lockdown in Karnataka will not be lifted but restrictions will be relaxed in Bengaluru.
With COVID-19 cases witnessing a dip in many districts, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa announced that the state will begin unlocking in a phased manner. Karnataka has been under lockdown since 27 April. However, district officials can implement stricter restrictions as needed.
COVID-19 appropriate behaviour must still be followed in public. “If the situation improves, we can announce more relaxations.” Yediyurappa said on 10 June.
The existing lockdown in Karnataka will continue. From 14 June, the lockdown restrictions will be relaxed in 20 districts, including Bengaluru Urban.
In which districts will existing lockdown rules continue?
The existing lockdown restrictions will continue in those districts that have a high test positivity rate (TPR): Chikkamagaluru, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Hassan, Chamarajanagar, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi and Kodagu.
What are the new restrictions for other districts?
- Restrictions will be relaxed in 20 districts, including Bengaluru Urban and Udupi. These districts will be under curfew from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am from 14 June.
- A weekend curfew will be imposed from 7:00 pm on Fridays to 5:00 am on Sundays, until further notice.
Which shops will be open?
- Essential shops will be allowed to remain open from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, extended from the initial limit of 10:00 am.
- Street vendors will be permitted to function from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Will public transport be allowed?
Auto rikshaws and taxis can function, with only two passengers being allowed to travel at a time.
Are factories permitted to run?
- Factories can operate with 50 percent capacity.
- Garment industries can run with 30 percent capacity.
Will I be able to go to the park?
Yes, parks will be allowed to remain open from 5:00 am to 10:00 am for walking.
(With inputs from The Indian Express.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.