FAQ: Weekend Lockdown in Pune – What’s Allowed? What’s Shut?
Here’s all you need to know about the restrictions in Pune.
Pune is the worst affected district in all of India, recording more over 12,000 cases in the last 24 hours. A series of restrictions, including weekend lockdown, has been imposed by the local authorities in the Maharashtrian city.
Here's all you need to know about the restrictions in Pune.
What will remain shut during weekend lockdown?
- All private offices
- All the shops and markets in the city will remain closed .
- The PMC has already closed hotel, restaurants, and bars, except room service in the lodging hotels, within the city limits.
Is there a night curfew?
Yes, a curfew will be imposed from 6 pm to 7 am except for medical emergency and essential services for the next seven days.
What services will be shut on weekdays?
Except for essentials services, all other services will be closed from 6 pm to 6 am on weekdays.
- Weekly markets
- Religious places
- All eateries
However, home-delivery will still be allowed.
Are public transport systems allowed?
- The PMPL and PMC buses will not ply for the next seven days.
- However, state transport buses and inter-district transports are allowed.
Is entry into Pune banned?
No, there are no such restrictions as of now.
What are the restrictions on public gatherings?
- Marriages with 50 people and funerals with 20 people are allowed.
- All other gatherings, irrespective of whether they are religious or political, are banned.
Can education institutions remain open?
School and colleges will be closed till 30 April 2021. However, exams announced for Class 10 and 12 students will take place as decided earlier, with adherence to all precautions.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.