Fresh COVID-19 SOP in Karnataka: What’s Open? What’re the Rules?
With restrictions on cinema halls, educational institutions & public gatherings, here’s what’s allowed in Karnataka.
With Bengaluru reporting an increasing number of COVID-19 cases, an order issued on Wednesday, 7 April, said that certain restrictions for public safety and health would be imposed in the city the same day.
Meanwhile, on 2 April, the state government had issued fresh guidelines amid high number of COVID-19 cases.
With restrictions on cinema halls, educational institutions and public gatherings, here’s what’s allowed in Karnataka.
Do I need a COVID-negative certificate to enter Bengaluru?
Not at the moment. While the corporation had suggested this measure to curb the spread of cases, the proposal was not given a nod by the state government.
What restrictions are there in Bengaluru?
According to the order issued on Wednesday, swimming pools, gymnasiums, and party halls in residential complexes within the limits of Bengaluru city are prohibited for use.
What are the fresh restrictions on educational institutions?
- Physical classes from 6 to 9, including Vidyagama, will be suspended.
- However, it will continue for classes 10, 11 and 12. But, attendance will not be mandatory.
- Classes for higher and professional courses will be suspended.
- Boarding and residential institutions shall be closed except for those in classes 10,11 and 12.
Are there restrictions on rallies in Bengaluru?
Yes, the Karnataka government has said that rallies and demonstrations for any purpose by any group are banned across Bengaluru till 20 April.
Are there restrictions at religious places?
- Religious gatherings are completely prohibited.
- However, people may visit places of worship.
What about restaurants, cinema halls?
- Restaurants and cinema halls can remain open. But the capacity cannot exceed 50 percent. This includes customers in pubs and bars as well.
- However, gyms and swimming pools – even those within apartment complexes – should be shut.
Can shopping malls remain open?
Yes, but if found flouting COVID norms, they can be ordered to remain shut for an indefinite period.
How many people are allowed at weddings and funerals?
Only 200 people are allowed for weddings and 50 are allowed to attend funerals.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.