Has Co-WIN App Released? How to Register on It for Vaccination?
While the app is yet to be released for public, here’s what we know about it.
As India prepares to rollout COVID-19 vaccines from 16 January, one of the key requirements is the mandatory registration on the Co-WIN app.
At a press conference earlier in December, the government had announced a mobile application ‘Co-WIN’ that will facilitate the entire process of vaccination – from registration for the shot to tracking the after-effects of the same.
What is this application, that is expected to help both Indian citizens and the administration? While the app is yet to be released for public, here’s what we know about it.
What should I do if I want to get the vaccination?
The first step will be to register on the Co-WIN application – which is in the works – to facilitate the vaccination process.
Can I download the Co-WIN app right now?
No, the app is still under development. The Centre is yet to release it on Android/iOS platforms.
Is it mandatory to register on the Co-WIN mobile app for vaccination?
Yes, registration of beneficiary is mandatory for vaccination for COVID-19. Only after the registration will the information on the session site to visit and the time be shared with the beneficiary.
What are the basic functions of the Co-WIN app?
The app has two parts – one, that will be used by the beneficiary and the other, that will be a back-end module, which will be used by vaccinators.
- The mobile app is expected to help in self-registration
- Communicating the date, time and slot allotted for vaccination
- Beneficiary acknowledgement
- Communicating time and date for the second dose of vaccination
- Monitoring side-effects, unusual symptoms, etc.
- It will also provide details to the administrators about how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended those, and how many people have dropped out.
Who can register on the app?
People who fit in the following categories and who wish to get the coronavirus vaccine can register on the app:
- Healthcare workers
- Frontline workers
- People above the age of 50
- Those below 50 years of age but have comorbidities
Will it be a free app?
Yes, it will be available for free download across all platforms, the government said in the recently released SOP.
What documents are required for registration of eligible beneficiary?
Any of the following documents is necessary for registration on the application:
- Driving license
- Health insurance
- Smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) job card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN card
- Passbooks issued by bank/post office
- Pension document
- Service identity card issued to employees by central/state government/public limited companies
- Voter ID
Will a photo ID be required at the time of registration/vaccination?
Yes, the same photo identification used for registering in the app should be produced at the time of vaccination.
How do I know that the registration is successful?
Following successful online registration, the beneficiary will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number on the due date, place and time of vaccination.
When will the app roll out?
There is no formal announcement about this. Watch this space for more information.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.