48 Cases of Delta Plus Variant Reported Across the Country: ICMR
Catch all live updates of the COVID-19 pandemic here.
“Forty-eight cases of the Delta Plus variant have been identified in India and the cases are very localised,” said Dr Balram Bhargava, Director General of the Indian Council of Medical Research on Friday, 25 June.
Dr Bhargava added that results of vaccine effectiveness against the Delta Plus variant will be available in the next 7-10 days.
India on Friday reported 51,667 new COVID-19 cases and 1,329 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per the Union Health Ministry.
The total case load of India now stands at 3,01,34,445, with the death toll reaching at 3,93,310. Total recoveries in India stand at 2,91,28,267.
Meanwhile, 30,79,48,744 people have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, the Health Ministry said.
- Delhi on Thursday reported 109 new coronavirus cases, with a positivity rate 0.14 percent, and eight deaths
- After unlocking, Maharashtra is seeing a rise in cases in several districts
- Maharashtra also reported the first Delta Plus variant death in the state
Karnataka Reports 3,310 COVID-19 Cases
Karnataka, on Friday, reported 3,310 new cases, 6524 discharges and 114 deaths today.
- Active cases: 1,07,195
- Total recoveries: 26,84,997
- Death toll: 34,539
TN Extends Lockdown Till 5 July
Tamil Nadu government extends lockdown till 5 July with certain relaxations. These, as per ANI, include:
- Private companies in all four districts of Chennai, Kanchipuram, Chengalpattu, Thiruvallur can operate with 100% employees.
- Shopping complex and malls to reopen with 50% capacity.
- Churches, temples and mosques can be opened but no festivals to be allowed: Tamil Nadu Government
Kerala Reports 11,546 New COVID-19 Cases
Kerala has reported 11,546 new COVID19 positive cases, 11,056 recoveries and 118 deaths on Friday.
Death toll stands at 12,699; while 27,52,492 patients have recovered so far.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.