COVID-Related Restrictions in Maharashtra Extended Till 15 May
Catch all live updates on the COVID-19 pandemic here.
The COVID-19-related restrictions in Maharashtra have been extended till 15 May, the state government announced on Thursday, 29 April, as the second wave of the pandemic continues to ravage the country.
Meanwhile, Bharat Biotech on Thursday announced a reduction in the price of its COVID-19 vaccine, Covaxin, for states from Rs 600 per dose to Rs 400.
India on Thursday reported 3,79,257 new COVID-19 cases, 3,645 deaths and 2,69,507 discharges, as per the Union Health Ministry. The death toll in the country now stands at 2,04,832. The country’s total number of cases now stands at 1,83,76,524.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the weekend lockdown has been extended. It will now remain imposed from Friday 8 pm to 7 am on Tuesday
- Registrations for the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive for citizens above 18 years of age began at 4 pm on Wednesday on the CoWIN, Aarogya Setu and UMANG portals
- Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope on Wednesday said the lockdown in the state will be extended by another 15 days, after the current set of restrictions end on 30 April
- The third phase of COVID-19 vaccination for those above 18 is scheduled to begin on 1 May
- Several states are still facing a shortage of vaccine doses ahead of phase 3 of vaccination
Lockdown in Goa From 7 PM Today Till the Morning of 3 May
A lockdown was imposed in Goa from 7 pm today till the morning of 3 May.
Essential services and industrial activities will be allowed, but public transport will remain shut. Casinos, hotels, pubs will also remain closed. Borders to remain open for essential service transportation.
'Have to Be Very Careful and Plan for the Third Wave': CM Thackeray
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday, said, “All districts should immediately set up oxygen projects and ensure that stocks of essential medicines are maintained.”
He added, “Though the number of patients has stabilised to some extent, now we have to be very careful and plan for next third wave.”
Delhi Reports 395 in the Last 24 Hours
Delhi reported 395 deaths, 24,235 new COVID-19 cases and 25,615 recoveries in the last 24 hours. Total active cases at 97,977.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
10:55 PM, 29 AprLockdown in Goa From 7 PM Today Till the Morning of 3 May
10:15 PM, 29 AprDelhi Reports 395 in the Last 24 Hours
10:12 PM, 29 AprDashboard Providing Real-Time Info on Beds to Go Live in a Day or Two: Noida MLA
10:00 PM, 29 AprDelhi CM Kejriwal: 'All Eligible People Must Come Forward to Get Vaccinated'
06:49 PM, 29 AprBharat Biotech Reduces Vaccine Price for States to Rs 400
01:27 PM, 29 AprUP Weekend Lockdown Extended
11:35 AM, 29 AprCentre Allows Import of 17 Medical Devices
09:48 AM, 29 AprRajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot Tests Positive for COVID-19
08:57 AM, 29 AprNearly 26k Fresh COVID Cases in Delhi
08:57 AM, 29 AprUS To Send More Than $100 Million In Covid Supplies To India