Phase 3 Vaccine Registration Opens; Over 39k New Cases in K’taka
Catch all live updates on the COVID-19 pandemic here.
Registrations for the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive for citizens above 18 years of age began at 4 pm on Wednesday, 28 April, on the CoWIN, Aarogya Setu and UMANG portals.
Meanwhile, India reported 3,60,960 new COVID-19 cases, 3,293 deaths and 2,61,162 discharges on Wednesday, as per Union Health Ministry. The death toll in the country now stands at 2,01,187.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Wednesday that he has isolated himself after his wife tested positive for coronavirus
- Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope on Wednesday said the lockdown in the state will be extended by another 15 days, after the current set of restrictions end on 30 April
- Karnataka on Wednesday reported 39,047 new coronavirus cases, taking the active tally in the state to 3,28,884
- The third phase of COVID-19 vaccination for those above 18 years of age is scheduled to begin on 1 May
- Several states are still facing a shortage of vaccine doses ahead of phase 3 of vaccination
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Allahabad HC Judge Dies of COVID-19
Justice Virendra Kumar Srivastava, 59, of the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court, died of COVID-19 on Wednesday, PTI reported.
Lockdown in 11 J&K Districts Amid COVID Surge
The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Wednesday imposed a lockdown from 7 pm on Thursday to 7 am on Monday in 11 districts to tackle the surge in COVID-19 cases, a senior official was quoted as saying by PTI.
63,309 New COVID Cases in Maharashtra
Maharashtra on Wednesday reported 63,309 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally to 44,73,394. As many as 985 new fatalities were also reported.
Vaccination Sessions to Remain Suspended in MP on 29, 30 April
All vaccination sessions will remain suspended in Madhya Pradesh on 29 and 30 April so that planning, training and dry run can be conducted for the inoculation drive for people between 18 and 44, the state vaccination in-charge was quoted as saying by ANI on Wednesday.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
05:05 PM, 28 AprPhase 3 Registrations for COVID-19 Vaccination Open
06:37 PM, 28 AprLockdown in Maharashtra to be Extended by Another 15 Days: Health Minister
07:23 PM, 28 AprIAF Chief Briefs PM Modi on COVID-Related Ops, Efforts
07:57 PM, 28 AprRajasthan CM Isolates Self After Wife Tests COVID +Ve
10:11 PM, 28 AprLockdown in 11 J&K Districts Amid COVID Surge
10:11 PM, 28 AprVaccination Sessions to Remain Suspended in MP on 29, 30 April