Delhi Metro’s Blue & Pink Line to Resume Services
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
As part of stage-I of graded resumption of metro services, Delhi metro will resume operations after 171 days on its Blue Line and Pink Line from tomorrow.
According to the Union Health Ministry said, that Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh & Tamil Nadu account for 70% of deaths in the country.
Union Health Ministry secretary said that the case fatality rate is continuously declining. It was at 2.15% in the first week of August, now it stands at 1.70%.
India on Tuesday, 8 September, reported 75,809 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally in the country to 42,80,423. The death toll increased steeply by 1,133 to 72,775.
According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are currently 8,83,697 active cases across the country, while 33,23,950 patients have been discharged, and one had migrated.
- Over 5 Crore Covid-19 Tests Conducted Till Date
- Samajwadi Party leader and UP Legislative Council member SRS Yadav died due to COVID-19 on Monday
- A total of 5,06,50,128 samples have been tested for COVID-19 up to 7 September, with 10,98,621 samples tested on Monday, the ICMR said
- India is the second worst-affected country in terms of the number of infections, behind just the US
- Globally, over 27.2 million cases have been recorded so far, with the death toll standing at more than 8,91,000
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Maharashtra Reports 20,131 Covid-19 Cases Today
Maharashtra reported 20,131 COVID-19 cases today, taking the tally to 9,43,772, while the toll rises to 27,407 with 380 deaths, the state health department announced.
Delhi Records 3,609 Fresh Covid-19 Cases Today
Delhi recorded 3,609 fresh Covid-19 cases today, taking the tally to 1,97,135 and the death toll mounts to 4,618, reported Delhi authorities.
NCW Chief Rekha Sharma Tested Covid-19 Positive
National Commission for Women chief Rekha Sharma says she has been tested positive for Covid-19 and has home quarantined herself.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.