COVID: Night Curfew in Karnataka From 21 April to 4 May
Catch all live updates of the COVID-19 pandemic here.
Amid a horrific nationwide surge in COVID-19 cases, night and weekend curfew have been imposed in Karnataka, starting 21 April. Both will continue till 4 May.
Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed imposed in Rajasthan from 22 April till 21 May, in view of current COVID19 situation, reported ANI, citing the State Home Department.
In Pune, Yog Multispeciality Hospital has run out of oxygen supply. Dr Abhijeet Darak, of the hospital, informed, as per ANI, that one patient has died due to the lack of oxygen supply and they have only an hour’s supply left and 11 patients on ventilators.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday, 20 April, announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
Uttar Pradesh will now see weekend lockdown on Saturdays and Sundays, beginning on Friday 8 pm, till Monday 7 am, Awanish K Awasthi, Additional Chief Secretary, Home Department said on Tuesday, 20 April.
India on Tuesday reported 2,59,170 fresh COVID-19 cases, 1,761 fatalities and 1,54,761 discharges in 24 hours, as per the Union Health Ministry. The total case tally has now reached 1,53,21,089 with 20,31,977 active cases and 1,80,530 deaths. The total recoveries, meanwhile, stands at 1,31,08,582.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced a lockdown in the national capital beginning Monday, 19 April night till 5 AM on 26 April
- The Centre on Monday has announced that those above 18 years of age are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine from 1 May
- TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee will not be campaigning in Kolkata for the West Bengal Assembly elections amid a surge in cases
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi too has suspended all his rallies across the states
- The Centre has been taking a slew of measures to ramp up the production and supply of oxygen to the states
- Former Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh has tested positive for COVID-19. He has been hospitalised at the AIIMS trauma centre in New Delhi
- Telangana High Court has directed the State government to take a call on imposing night curfew or weekend lockdown to check spread of COVID-19
Gujarat Reported Record Daily Rise Of 12,206 COVID-19 Cases
Gujarat reported record daily rise of 12,206 COVID-19 cases and 121 deaths as announced by the Health Department.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Remdesivir API, Injection Now Import Duty Free
Union Minister Piyush Goyal announced that imports of Remdesivir API, injection and specific inputs have been made import duty free.
Maharashtra Announces Rs 107 Crore Package for Autorickshaw Drivers
Maharashtra government announces Rs 107 crore package for state's 7.15 lakh autorickshaw drivers. Each of them will get Rs 1,500 as relief.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
08:02 AM, 20 AprCDC Issues Warning for Passengers Travelling to India
09:34 AM, 20 AprIndia Reports Spike of 2.59 Lakh Fresh COVID Cases
09:43 AM, 20 AprPM Modi to Hold Meeting With Vaccine Makers Today
10:48 AM, 20 AprAfter 4 COVID Deaths, AP Secretariat Employees Seek Work From Home
11:02 AM, 20 AprFirst ‘Oxygen Express’ Leaves for Vizag To Bring 7 Tankers of Medical Oxygen to Mumbai
11:56 AM, 20 AprRaid in Mumbai Leads to Recovery of 2,200 Vials of Remdesivir
12:18 PM, 20 AprCEC, EC Test Positive for COVID-19: Report
01:09 PM, 20 AprDr Jitendra Singh Tests Positive for COVID-19
01:22 PM, 20 AprWeekend Lockdown to be Imposed in UP
02:41 PM, 20 AprEx-Nepal King Tests COVID Positive After Returning From Kumbh
02:50 PM, 20 AprPakistan Bans Travel From India for Two Weeks
03:17 PM, 20 AprCongress Leader Rahul Gandhi Tests Positive for COVID-19
05:14 PM, 20 AprDefence Minister Rajnath Singh Reviews COVID Situation
10:26 PM, 20 AprNight Curfew Imposed in Telangana
10:28 PM, 20 AprOxygen May Not Last Beyond 4 Hours at GTB Hospital: Delhi Health Minister
10:48 PM, 20 AprMaharashtra Announces Rs 107 Crore Package for Autorickshaw Drivers
10:55 PM, 20 AprRemdesivir API, Injection Now Import Duty Free