‘Bol-Love Your Bhasha’: Music Can Transcend Barriers of Language
Panel discussions to fireside chats, the event will talk about forces shaping India’s internet.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, while stressing on the importance of regional languages, said that English speakers and English news consumers are a microscopic minority in India.
Gadkari was addressing guests at ‘Bol - Love Your Bhasha' - an initiative of Quint Hindi and Google India to help Indian languages gain the same prominence and popularity on the internet as English.
The day-long event brings together the brightest minds in business, media and publishing to talk about the explosion of Indian languages online.
- The event is being graced by Vice President of Google India Rajan Anandan and many others.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari while addressing the guests stressed on the importance of regional languages
- Arvind Pani, Co-founder and CEO of Reverie Language Technologies said there’s need to stop judging people over the way they speak English
- From panel discussions to fireside chats, the event has insightful conversations about forces shaping India’s internet and economy
Why an Event Like 'Bol'?
Indian language internet users in India (234 million) have already overtaken the number of English users (175 million).
Today, 9 out of every 10 new internet users in India over the next 5 years are likely to be Indian language users.
These are stunning figures, especially for a country with the second-largest number of internet users in the world. The conversation is now not on why businesses must enter the non-English user market, but how. “Bol” aims to answer this question by bringing together the brightest minds in tech, business, media and policy.
Who Are the Speakers?
The speakers at the event include:
- Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways
- Rajan Anandan, Vice President, Google, India;
- Arvind Pani, Co-Founder and CEO of Reverie Language Technologies;
- Anant Goenka, Executive Director, The Indian Express Group;
- Virendra Gupta, Founder and CEO of Daily Hunt
- Raghav Bahl, Founder, Quintillion Media
- Ritu Kapur, Co-founder and CEO, Quintiliion Media
- Javir Nagi, Online Partnerships, Google India
- Chetan Krishnaswamy, Director, Public Policy, Google
- Ankush Sachdeva, Co-founder and CEO, ShareChat
- Sourabh Gupta, Co-founder and CEO, Vernacular.ai
- Sonam Kalra, The Sufi Gospel Project
Complete Itinerary of the Event
Here's the complete itinerary of the event:
- 10.55 am: Greet and Welcome
- 11.05 am: Welcome Note by Mr Sanjay Pugalia
- 11.15 am: Key Note address by Guest of Honour
- 11:25 am: Panel Discussion on Democratizing India’s Internet Through Tech Policy
- 12:15 pm: Reverie Report - Key Insights by Mr Arvind Pani
- 12:30 pm: Speech - Chief Guest Mr Nitin Gadkari
- 01:05 pm: Break for Lunch
- 2:10 pm: Panel discussion - Win-Win: Making Indian Languages Profitable for Businesses
- 03:05 pm: Beauty of Indian Languages - Ms Sonam Kalra
- 03:25 pm: Vote of Thanks
- 03:30 pm: Tea and Networking
“Bol – Love Your Bhasha”: Quint Hindi Event To Celebrate Indian Languages to Kick Off Soon
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.