Renuka Shahane Questions the Govt On Mumbai Bridge Collapse
Renuka Shahane calls out politicians for their apathy towards Mumbai and Mumbaikars.
Actor Renuka Shahane has written a scathing Facebook post commenting on the political apathy over the repeated literal collapse of infrastructure in the city of Mumbai. On Tuesday morning, a portion of the bridge that connects Andheri East to Andheri West fell on to the rail tracks. Five people were injured in the incident.
Renuka took to social media to air her outrage in a Q&A format.
Q: Why is it easy for our politicians to announce compensation for any loss of lives and/or property in disasters like the collapse of the Gokhale FOB at Andheri today?
Ans: 1. Because it is tax payers money......simple!
Q: Why is it difficult for politicians and bureaucrats to do the jobs that they have been appointed or elected for? For eg: structural audits of FOBs should have definitely been undertaken on a priority basis after the Elphinstone FOB tragedy!
1. Because that would mean they would have to work.
2. Because that would mean giving up on the money that they get for passing files from table to another, for passing tenders of blacklisted engineers and construction companies who continue to do shoddy work.
3. Because finally compensation money is going to go out of the pockets of the tax payers so why not just wait for disasters to happen?
4. Because it is more important to go on foreign junkets ( again on tax payers money) to "study" how bridges are made in other countries; all the time stuffing oneself with food and freebies for one's kith and kin, in the service of our great nation.
5. Because we are shameless.
6. Because everything becomes magically right the next day because of the famous Mumbai spirit &
7. Because we can fool people by laying the blame in all directions so that not one authority will be blamed &
8. Because just in case somebody is assigned any blame they will definitely be given a clean chit by their own departments.
Matter closed! Get back to work Mumbai, while we get back to not working and filling our pockets with money. And dont you dare talk of corruption or black money. We are not corrupt. Didn't you hear? Black money is now declared as white money in our great nation! So don't complain!
There is no corruption!!!
Take a look at Renuka Shahane’s original FB post below:
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.