QWrap: Peter’s Custody Extended, Chopper Crash in Katra and More
Here’s a wrap of the day’s top stories in a jiffy.
1. Peter Mukerjea Withholds Source of Money for UK Investments
The CBI has said that Peter Mukerjea, during questioning, has given details of investments made by his wife Indrani and him in the UK, but has not disclosed the source of the money.
2. Seven Killed in a Helicopter Crash in Katra, Jammu and Kashmir
Seven people – the pilot and six passengers – were killed in a helicopter crash in Katra region of Jammu and Kashmir.
Those who were aboard the flight are believed to be pilgrims returning from the Vaishno Devi temple in Katra, Reasi district of J&K.
3. 39 Indians, ISIS and Harjit Masih’s Great Escape: The True Story
40 Indians were abducted by ISIS from Mosul, Iraq in June 2014. Over a month later, only one returned to India – Harjit Masih – bringing with him a horrific story.
He said that while he survived, his 39 fellow captives were killed. But, this isn’t what the Indian government or the families of the other 39 believe.
4. Schools That Rigidly ‘Enforce’ Patriotism Violate SC Ruling
The CBSE directed the principals of all institutions affiliated to it to ensure that Jana Gana Mana is sung in the morning assembly session. And in India, not singing the national anthem is increasingly being taken as treachery or seditious.
5. Violence Comes in Many Shades: How Mumbai and Paris Attacks Differ
Beyond the scale of monstrosity, what was perpetrated in Paris and Mumbai are entirely different.
Unlike the Paris attackers, who bore a sense of stigmatisation, the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks were motivated by money and hope for a better life.
6. Remembering Geeta Dutt, the Soul and Sound Of Hindi Film Music
Geeta Dutt was a meteor, who could last only half a life, but in that span, she created an oeuvre of distinct sound and elegance.
7. Ranbir is Pure, Deepika is Emotionally Perceptive: Imtiaz Ali
In an interview with The Quint, filmmaker Imtiaz Ali talks about his next film Tamasha and the reason behind casting ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone.
8. I Tried Too Much Against Djokovic: Roger Federer
The world number three Tennis player, Roger Federer said that he tried too much at times against Novak Djokovic in the final of the ATP World Tour Finals in London on Sunday.
9. At Rs 2.99 Crore, This Lamborghini Is the Sportscar to Buy
This latest addition to the Lamborghini line-up in India is a two-wheeled drive version of the Italian sportscar marque’s popular Huracan coupe.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.