QWrap: Mallya Quits as RS MP, SRK-Salman Fan War, Uttarakhand Fire
Here’s a quick wrap of the day’s top stories.
1. Vijay Mallya Resigns as Rajya Sabha MP
2. This SRK - Salman Khan Fan War Shows Why India Needs More Jobs
A fanatic Salman fan called @SalmansCrusader (nothing less) immediately jumped in to remind SRK that his latest release Fan had tanked at the box-office.
3. Uttarakhand Forest Fire: Four People Arrested
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar confirmed that four people have been arrested in connection with Uttarakhand forest fire. The Home Minister Rajnath Singh has said that the situation is under control.
4. CBI Probing SP Tyagi’s Italy Visit and Allegations of Bribe
The CBI questioned former Indian Air Force chief SP Tyagi on Monday in connection with alleged irregularities in the Rs 3600-crore VVIP chopper deal with AgustaWestland.
5. Why 100% literacy is making youth unhappy in Kerala Election
One of the most prominent issues in the Kerala elections after corruption and liquor policy is the ‘educated’ unemployment or under employment. In a state with the highest rate of literacy, the rate of unemployment is also the highest in the country.
6. Leicester Draw With Man Utd, Inch Closer to Premier League Title
7. History of the Kiss: The Best Thing We Indians Gifted the World
India is the land that gave the world three Cs – Chess, Chut**apa and our best-kept secret – Chumbans! From writing about it in the Vedas and the Mahabharata, to a four-minute long lip-lock in cinema, we’ve been pioneers in the field of tongue wrestling.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.