Sex, Scandal, Politicians, Actors – MP Honey Trap Case Has It All

As per the ongoing SIT investigation, this might be the biggest honey trap scandal till now.

News Videos
2 min read

The honey trap scandal in Madhya Pradesh is so massive that even the police is shocked.

Over 4,000 files and more than 1,000 obscene video clips...

Now that so many influential people have been linked to this case, it has caused an upheaval in Madhya Pradesh’s politics. The incident came to light when Indore Nagar Nigam’s engineer Harbhajan Singh complained of being blackmailed to the tune of Rs 3 crore.

6, Including 5 Women, Arrested

The police have arrested five women and a man. As the investigation proceeded, the dirt started to be dug out.


The matter was so big that it could not be handled by the local police. An SIT was formed. Within hours, even the SIT head was changed. As per the ongoing SIT investigation, this might be the biggest honey trap scandal till now.

It is known that more than 40 B-grade Bollywood models and actors were involved in the same. According to IANS, after an initial meeting with politicians and bureaucrats, the kingpin of the racket would send girls to a guest house or a 5-star suite, where they would shoot obscene videos with the help of hidden cameras.

Thus began the blackmailing...

Threatening to leak the video, the involved would demand cash, luxury cars, properties as well as government contracts. As per IANS, the kingpin woman has admitted that her husband’s NGO received contracts worth Rs 8 crore from Bhopal Nagar Nigam.

Many of these contracts were taken from state government’s public relations, agricultural, forest, cultural, water resources and labour departments, and PWD and housing sector.

The kingpin further said that a former CM gifted her a bungalow in a posh locality in Bhopal’s Meenal Residency area.

One of the women in the racket told the investigating team that she had come in contact with a senior IAS officer of MP cadre, who connected the gang to many ministers.


The IAS officer in question further arranged a flat for the gang in Bhopal. It was in this very flat that they laid the honey trap and made videos of politicians and bureaucrats. When the gang had a stockpile of the obscene videos, he began getting tenders for corporates and contractors.

As the blackmail game had been going on for many years, 80 percent of the leaders who are involved are from BJP and the remaining 20 percent are from the Congress. No one has been named, however. MP Home Minister Bala Bachchan has said,

“Let the right time come, all the names involved in this case will be revealed.”

BJP MP’s Chief Spokesperson Dr Deepak Vijayvargiya said,

“The investigation should be completely transparent and fair but the government’s trying to give its own direction.”

BJP leader and former minister Narottam Mishra has demanded that the investigation be carried out by the CBI. However, senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh has alleged that “BJP, like Vyapam Case, wants to influence the investigation of this case through CBI”.

Seeing the political allegations and counter-allegations, it seems that everyone is embroiled in the scandal. The SIT currently has 4,000 audio and video clips. Let’s see what is revealed next!

(This story was originally published on Quint Hindi)

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!