Alert: SBI To Make Amendments To Its Services From 1 December
Video Editor: Sandeep Suman, Varun Sharma
If you are a State Bank of India (SBI) customer, then this video is meant for you. SBI is going to make amendments to its services from 1 December.
If you do not link your mobile number to your SBI bank account before 1 December, you will not be able to avail internet banking facilities.
Your internet banking services could even be blocked.
Is Your Mobile Number Registered?
First, to find out if your mobile number is registered on your SBI account, follow these steps:
- Log on to SBI net banking website www.onlinesbi.com
- Click on 'My Account and Profile' on the home page after logging in
- Go to the 'Profile' section, then click on 'Personal Details/Mobile'
- You will have to feed your profile password. Your profile password is different from your log-in password
If your mobile number is registered, it will be visible on your profile. If it is not registered, then you have to contact your home branch.
You can also register your mobile number through an SBI ATM machine
- Swipe your SBI Debit/ATM card on the ATM machine and choose the 'Registration' option
- Punch in your ATM pin
- Select the 'Mobile Number Registration' option
- Punch in the mobile number that you want to register and click on the 'correct' option if you punched in the right mobile number
- If not, re-feed the right mobile number and click on the 'correct' option
- Once the process is complete, the ATM screen will flash: "Thank you for registering your mobile number with us"
You will receive a call from the call centre and receive a reference number on your registered mobile number. After you receive the message, you will have to verify your personal details. Your mobile number will then be linked to your SBI bank account. You will receive a message confirming the same from the bank.
If you want to change your registered mobile number you can easily do it through internet banking, SBI ATM machine or phone banking without even going to the home branch.
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)