Match Blog: Smith and Bailey’s 100s Hand Australia a 5-Wicket Win
Match Blog: Click here for all the latest updates, pictures and reactions from the first Aus-India ODI at Perth.
- Australia beat India by five wickets in the first ODI at Perth.
- The Baggy Greens recorded the highest run chase, surpassing Pakistan’s record chase of 274 against Australia in 1987.
- Steve Smith scored 149 and George Bailey hit 112.
- India’s Debutant fast bowler Barinder Sran picked up three wickets.
- George Bailey and Steve Smith strung a partnership of 242 runs.
- Rohit Sharma remained unbeaten on 171 for India.
Australia Win By Five Wickets
James Faulkner tucks the ball on the leg-side and finishes a record chase at Perth, beating Pakistan’s previous record chase of 274 against Australia in 1987.
Geroge Bailey and Steve Smith took the match away from the Indians with a huge partnership of 242.
Maxwell Falls to Ashwin
Is there a slither of a hope for India? Glenn Maxwell went for one his exotic shots and got himself caught in the deep. Australia need 37 runs from 38 balls. India will have to just continue picking wickets.
C’mon India take it to the wire!
Ashwin to the Rescue
Finally, the Indians get a breakthrough and its none other than Ravichandran Ashwin who breaks the partnership. Bailey was going for a big heave and in the process got himself caught in the deep.
Bailey goes for 112. But Australia just need another 40-odd runs. Is it too late? Or can India still fight back?
Steve Smith Smacks India Again
The Australian gets to another hundred against India. It seems like as if this series is the continuation of India’s tour of Australia in 2015. Smith just cannot stop piling on the runs against the men in blue.
The Indians are desperate for a wicket but it looks like that they are never going to get one.
The Australians are just 81 runs away.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.