Statistical Highlights of India’s 9-Wicket T20 Win Over Australia
India have won 50 matches out of 84 contested in T20Is.
India scored 49-1 in 5.3 overs and beat Australia by nine wickets in a rain-affected first Twenty20 on Saturday.
Australia was 118-8 in 18.4 overs when rain intervened for nearly 90 minutes and curtailed its innings. The contest was reduced to six overs and India's revised target was 48. After an almost two-hour delay, the match resumed. Rohit Sharma fell for 11, bowled off Nathan Coulter-Nile. But Virat Kohli, 22 not out, and Shikhar Dhawan, 15 not out, had no trouble knocking off the required runs with three balls to spare.
India leads the three-match series 1-0, with the second on Tuesday in Guwahati.
Following are the big stats from the match:
- India's big nine-wicket victory is their largest over Australia in terms of wickets in T20Is, eclipsing the eight-wicket victory at Melbourne on February 3, 2012.
- Between October 10, 2013 and October 7, 2017, India have won seven consecutive matches against Australia in T20Is - their best winning sequence.
- India have won ten and lost four out of 14 matches played against Australia in T20Is - winning % 71.42. Their tally of wins against Australia is the most against any other opponent.
- India have won 50 matches out of 84 contested in T20Is (Lost 31, NR 2 & Tied+W 1) - success % 61.58. India became the fourth team to have won 50 matches or more in T20Is, joining Pakistan (69), South Africa (57) & Sri Lanka (51).
- Kuldeep Yadav's match-winning figures of 2 for 16 are his best in T20Is, eclipsing the 2 for 20 vs Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on September 6, 2017.
- Kuldeep Yadav has received his first Man of the Match award in T20Is.
- Aaron Finch, with 334 runs at an average of 47.71 in seven innings, has set a record by an Australian batsman for the highest runs' tally vs India in T20Is, eclipsing the 302 (ave.50.33) in eight matches by Shane Watson.
- Aaron Finch has totalled 1124 runs in 32 innings at an average of 38.75 - the highest among the Australian batsmen with atleast 500 runs in T20Is.
- Chahal has dismissed Glenn Maxwell in all the four matches in international cricket - in three ODIs in the 2017- 18 series - once each at Chennai, Kolkata & Indore and in a T20I at Ranchi.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.