All The Records Broken by Mayank Agarwal During His 243 vs B’desh
All the records broken by Mayank Agarwal and the Indian team on Day 2 of the Indore Test.
Mayank Agarwal headlined India's domination with a classy double hundred, his second, to help the team post a mammoth 493/6 against a hapless Bangladesh, at Stumps on Day 2 of the first Test on Friday.
India now lead by 343 runs after Bangladesh were all out for 150 in the first innings.
At close of play, Jadeja and Umesh Yadav (25 batting), who once again hit three sixes to show his big-hitting prowess, were at the crease.
The highlight of the day definitely was Mayank’s double century as the Karnataka opener was India’s standout star of the match.
Here’s a look at some of the records created by him and also other players on Day 2 of the Indore Test.
- Mayank Agarwal (243) has recorded his third century in Tests - two vs South Africa and one vs Bangladesh.
- Mayank's aforesaid innings is his career-best in Tests, obliterating the 215 vs South Africa at Vizzy last month.
- Mayank is the second Indian batsman after Rohit Sharma to reach his 200 with a six in Tests. Rohit had achieved the feat against South Africa at Ranchi in October 2019.
- With eight sixes in his career-best knock, Mayank has established an Indian record for most sixes in a Test innings. Navjot Singh Sidhu had recorded eight sixes during his innings of 124 vs Sri Lanka at Lucknow in January 1994.
- Mayank has taken just 12 innings to register two double hundreds - the second quickest in Tests next only to India's Vinod Kambli's feat of reaching the same in five innings.
- Mayank's runs' tally of 740 at an average of 74.00 in ten innings is the most by an Indian batsman in Tests this year. Only Australia's Steve Smith has more runs to his credit this year - 774 in seven innings, including three hundreds and three fifties, at an average of 110.57.
- Mayank Agarwal and Ajinkya Rahane have shared a partnership of 190 - India's fifth century partnership for the fourth wicket against Bangladesh in Tests - the highest being 222 between Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane at Hyderabad in February 2017.
- In four successive Tests, four Indian batsmen have recorded double hundreds - the first instance in Tests - Mayank (vs S.Africa at Vizag), Kohli (254 not out vs South Africa at Pune), Rohit Sharma (212 vs South Africa at Ranchi) & Mayank (vs Bangladesh at Indore).
- Of the five century stands for the fourth wicket vs Bangladesh, Rahane is the only Indian to figure in three stands - one each with Virat Kohli, Mayank Agarwal and Murali Vijay.
- Ajinkya Rahane, in the course of his innings of 86 (his 21st fifty), has completed his 4000 runs in Tests and became the 16th Indian batsman to accomplish the feat.
- Abu Jayed has produced his best bowling performance in Test cricket, bettering the 3 for 38 vs West Indies at Kingston in July 2018.
- Virat Kohli has posted his tenth duck in Tests - his third at home - his sixth as Indian skipper.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.