85 in His 100th T20I– Rohit & Team India’s Stats From Rajkot T20
A look at the big stats and records from the second T20I between India and Bangladesh in Rajkot.
Rohit Sharma smashed 85 runs off 43 balls as India beat Bangladesh by eight wickets in the second T20 on Thursday and levelled the 3-match series 1-1.
Playing his 100th T20, Sharma struck six sixes and six fours as he scored a 23-ball half-century.
He helped India score 154/2 with 26 balls to spare, chasing down Bangladesh's 153/6.
Yuzvendra Chahal, with 2/28, and Washington Sundar, 1/25, bowled tight spells to rein in Bangladesh after sending them in to bat.
Here are some of the records broken in the Rajkot T20.
- India have recorded their ninth win in ten matches against Bangladesh (lost one) in T20Is - winning % 90.00.
- Bangladesh posted their fifth total of 150-plus in T20Is against India - their highest being 166 for eight at Colombo (RPS) on March 18, 2018.
- India's tally of 41 wins in successful chases is a record in T20Is, eclipsing the 40 by Australia.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has taken his tally of wickets to eight (ave. 13.75) in five matches against Bangladesh - the most by an Indian bowler vs Bangladesh in T20Is, surpassing Ravichandran Ashwin's aggregate of six wickets at 12.00 in four games.
Rohit’s Big Numbers
- Sharma's 85 is the highest individual score by an Indian batsman against Bangladesh in T20Is on Indian soil.
- Rohit appeared in his 320th match - the highest tally by an Indian player in Twenty20, surpassing Suresh Raina's 319.
- Sharma is just the second player after Shoaib Malik (111) to have represented his country in 100 matches in T20Is.
- Sharma's tally of 2537 (ave 32.94) in 100 matches is a new record in Twenty20 Internationals. He is the first to race to 2500 runs in this format.
- With 22 fifty-plus scores (four hundreds and 18 half centuries) in 92 innings, Rohit has equalled Virat Kohli's tally in 67 innings.
- Rohit Sharma, with 115 sixes, has extended his record for most sixes in T20Is.
- Sharma, with 450 runs at an average of 45.00 in ten matches, has extended his Indian record for the highest run-aggregate against Bangladesh in T20Is.
- Sharma has received his ninth Man of the Match award in T20Is - his third against Bangladesh.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Sharma have shared a stand of 118 for the opening wicket - India's highest stand for any wicket against Bangladesh in T20Is, bettering the 102 for the second wicket between Sharma and Suresh Raina at Colombo (RPS) on March 14 last year.
- Sharma-Dhawan pair has become the first to register four century partnerships in T20Is - all for the first wicket.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.