Sasikala Says AIADMK to Protest from Sunday Over Guv’s Delay
The Sasikala versus Panneerselvam battle rages on for a third day.
- Sasikala says AIADMK will protest from Sunday over the Governor’s delay
- Key state minister K Pandiarajan, along with senior AIADMK leader C Ponnaiyan, extends support to OPS
- Sasikala seeks appointment with Tamil Nadu Governor to prove majority
- Sasikala meets AIADMK MLAs at Golden Bay resort. Media reports say the MLAs will head back to Raj Bhavan with her
- Media was allegedly attacked outside Golden Bay resort
- Governor yet to decide on whom to invite to form a govt in Tamil Nadu
This is an Attempt to Divide the Party: Sasikala
On Saturday night, when asked if she will resort to legal remedies, Sasikala said that it’s time to “wait and watch”.
The AIADMK also tweeted that they have been waiting patiently so far for a response from the Governor.
All party MLAs are fine and happy. We were waiting patiently for a reply from the Governor. Now, we will take the required measures. From tomorrow (Sunday), we will begin a new kind of protest. These delaying tactics are an attempt to create divisions in the party. Please wait and watch.VK Sasikala
Security Upped in Chennai
Police patrolling has been increased in all parts of Chennai, according to a press release.
Another AIADMK MP Extends Support to OPS
Another AIADMK MP, making it the third in the day, has extended support to Panneerselvam’s camp. V Sathyabama is an elected Lok Sabha member from Tiruppur.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.