Infographics: Congress-JD(s) Steals the Show in Karnataka Bypolls
In a spectacular show of strength, the ruling Congress-JD(S) alliance in Karnataka managed to keep the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) at bay at the bypolls in four out of five constituencies – Shivamoga, Mandya, Ramanagara and the BJP bastion Ballari. The BJP managed to bag Shivamoga by a margin of 52,148 votes.
While analysts have already started calling it the “mood of the nation” for 2019, the Congress claiming victory in Ballari is being considered a major takeaway from the showdown.
Here’s a breakdown of the victory margin and the number of votes:
- Congress+JD(S) won by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
- VS Ugrappa (Congress+JDS): 6,28,365
- J Shantha (BJP): 3,85,204
- Congress+JD(S) won by a margin of 3,24,943 votes.
- Shivarame Gowda (Congress-JDS): 5,69,347
- SG Siddaramaiah (BJP): 2,44,404
- BJP won by a margin of 52,148 votes.
- BY Raghavendara (BJP): 5,43,306
- Madhu Bangarappa (Congress+JDS): 4,91,158
- Congress+JD(S) won by a margin of 39,480 votes.
- Ananth Nyamegowda (Congress-JDS): 97,017
- Srikanth Kulkarni (BJP): 57,537
- Congress+JD(S) won by a margin of 1,09,137 votes.
- Anitha Kumaraswamy (Congress+JDS): 1,25,043
- L Chandrashekar (BJP): 15,906