ABP News-Nielsen Final Opinion Poll: NDA May Lead in Bihar
NDA May Get Majority
- The Grand Alliance is set to lose 10 seats, bringing their share to 112
- The September poll projected that the alliance would win 122 seats out of the total 243
- The poll forecasts BJP-led combine including the LJP, RLSP and HAM is likely to get majority in the upcoming polls
ABP News-Nielsen’s latest opinion poll shows that the Grand Alliance of JD(U)-RJD and Congress in will get fewer seats in Bihar compared to the numbers that were being projected in September.
The September poll projected that the Grand Alliance would win 122 seats in the 243-member Bihar Assembly. However, the final Opinion Poll has predicted that the alliance is set to lose 10 seats, bringing their share to 112.
The poll forecasts that the BJP-led combine including the LJP, RLSP and HAM is likely to get majority in the upcoming polls. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “charisma continues unabated” as the NDA is likely to bag 128 seats out of 243.
Others are seen managing only three seats in the 5-phase polls.
ABP News-Nielsen’s Area-wise Break-up
- NDA likely to get 55 seats in Tiruhat region while JDU+ to get 17 seats
- NDA likely to get 22 seats in Magadh region while JDU+ to get 39 seats
- NDA likely to get 25 seats in Mithila region while JDU+ to get 17 seats
- NDA likely to get 10 while JDU+ to get 31 seats in eastern Bihar region
- NDA likely to get 16 while JDU+ to get 8 seats in Bhojpur region
For full coverage of Bihar Polls 2015, click here.
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)