Q@9: Nupur and Rajesh Talwar Fight on From Jail and More
Read all our top stories of the day here.
1. Aarushi-Hemraj Murder: Nupur and Rajesh Talwar Fight on From Jail
Eighteen months in prison, the Talwars say their fight for justice for Aarushi has been muzzled, but is far from over. Read the full story on The Quint.
2. Should Judicial Processes be Seen Through a Religious Prism?
Yakub’s case should not be viewed through a religious prism; the larger discourse on terrorism will suffer a setback, writes Nalin Kohli.
4. Save The Girl Child by Preventing Rape
Supreme Court in its judgment has upheld the right to life of a minor rape victim over that of her unborn child. What is remarkable about this SC order is that it unequivocally holds the welfare of the rape victim to be of paramount importance. Read the full story on The Quint.
5. India’s First Call From a Mobile Was on This Day 20 Years Ago
On July 31, 1995, West Bengal CM Jyoti Basu made the first mobile call to Sukh Ram, the then-Communications Minister. Read the full story on The Quint.
9. “Kodaikanal Won’t” - Rap Video Petitioning Unilever Goes Viral
Chennai-born rapper Sofia Ashraf has a message for Paul Polman, the CEO of Unilever, ‘Kodaikanal won’t step down until you make amends now’! Watch it on The Quint.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.