Karnataka Cabinet: Swearing-in at 2:12 PM on 6 June
The Congress-JD(S) combine also announced that they will contest the 2019 elections together
The Karnataka cabinet ministers will be sworn in at 2.12 pm on 6 June at Raj Bhavan in Bengaluru, ANI reported.
Congress has been allocated 22 portfolios while the JD(S) has been allocated 12 ministerial berths.
This comes after the Congress-JD(S) combine in Karnataka made two big announcements on 1 June: First, that they’d contest the 2019 general elections together, confirming a pre-poll alliance, and second, what portfolios were allotted to which party in the alliance.
These are the portfolios and ministries allocated to the Indian National Congress and the Janata Dal (Secular) in the Karnataka cabinet.
Indian National Congress
- Home Ministry
- Irrigation Ministry
- Bangalore City Development Ministry
- Ministry of Industry
- Sugar Industry Ministry
- Health Ministry
- Revenue Ministry
- Ministry for Urban Development
- Ministry of Rural Development
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Housing
- Ministry of Medical Education
- Social Welfare Ministry
- Ministry of Forest and Environment
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of Mines & Geology
- Women and Child Welfare Ministry
- Food and Civil Supply Ministry
- Minority Affairs, Haj and Wakf Ministry
- Ministry of Law and Parliamentary Affairs
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Kannada and Culture
- Ministry of Ports and Inland Transport Development
Janata Dal (Secular)
- Ministry of General Administration
- Ministry of Information
- Intelligence Ministry
- Ministry of Planning and Statistics
- Finance and Excise Ministry
- Public Works Department Ministry
- Power Ministry
- Ministry of Co-operation
- Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Horticulture and Sericulture
- Ministry of Small Scale Industry
- Transport Ministry
- Ministry of Minor Irrigation
The press release added that the remaining portfolios would be announced by Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy at a later time.
The swearing-in of the new Karnataka cabinet is expected to take place on 6 June.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.