180 Fall Ill Due to Food Poisoning After Eating ‘Kuttu’ in Haryana
The people said they ate food made of ‘kuttu’ (buckwheat flour), consumed mostly during Hindu festival ‘Navratra’.
At least 180 people were taken ill due to food poisoning in Yamunanagar and Jagadhri towns of Haryana, health officials said on Thursday, 26 March.
The officials said the people were admitted to civil hospitals at Jagadhri and Yamunanagar after they complained of vomiting and abdominal pain.
The people said they ate food made of ‘kuttu’ (buckwheat flour), consumed mostly during Hindu festival ‘Navratra’, on Wednesday following which they fell ill.
Yamunanagar Chief Medical Officer Dr Vijay Dahiya said most patients started pouring in Wednesday evening and were admitted.
All are stable now and would be discharged soon, he added.
As many as 120 patients are admitted to civil hospital in Jagadhri, the officials said.
Health officials were collecting samples of 'kuttu' flour from various shops in the district on Thursday and its sale was temporarily stopped.
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.