More Trouble for AAP; Delhi Police Prepares to Chargesheet 21 MLAs
Embarrassment for AAP as Delhi police prepares to file chargesheets against 21 MLAs of the party.
The Delhi police is preparing to chargesheet as many as 21 MLAs of Delhi’s Aam Aadmi Party. CNN-IBN reports that out of the 25 cases, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been named in six. The charges range from serious offences to political cases.
According to the report, while most cases are political, there are some serious allegations like molestation and storing liquor which have been levelled against some ministers.
Booked in the Past
• Manish Sisodia, Deputy CM: Booked for his protest at the Railway Bhawan in 2014 and for violating prohibitory orders.
• Somnath Bharti, former Law Minister: Wife has accused him of domestic violence, physical and mental torture.
• Jitendra Singh Tomar, former Delhi Law Minister: Charged with cheating/forgery for allegedly faking degrees which is a criminal case.
• Vishesh Ravi, MLA from Karol Bagh: Preliminary probe ordered.
• Manoj Kumar, MLA from Kondli: Being probed for cheating, forgery, instigating security forces and misbehaving with women.
• Naresh Baliyan, MLA from Uttam Nagar: Booked for distributing alcohol during elections.
• Jarnail Singh, MLA from Tilak Nagar: Being probed for assaulting public servant.
The Aam Aadmi Party is currently struggling to protect its reputation after two of its ministers (Tomar and Bharti) recently got into controversies and have put the party’s “clean” image in a fix.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.