Latest News: Noted Marathi Journalist Anant Dixit No More

Catch all the latest breaking news and updates here.

Updated
India
4 min read
 Catch the latest news updates of the day here.
i

Catch all the latest breaking news and updates here.

(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)

12:50 AM , 10 Mar

Noted Journalist Anant Dixit No More

Veteran Marathi journalist Anant Dixit died in Pune on Monday after a prolonged illness. He was 67.

According to sources close to his family members, Dixit was suffering from a kidney-related ailment and was undergoing treatment at a city-based private hospital where he breathed his last in evening.

(Source: PTI)

9:14 PM , 09 Mar

Adanis' Rs 650-Crore Offer Gets NCLT Nod for Dighi Port

The NCLT has approved Rs 650-crore resolution plan submitted by Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) for debt-ridden Dighi Port, located south of Mumbai.

The resolution came with a huge 79.2 percent haircut to the lenders, as they had made a claim of Rs 3,098 crore.

The successful bid will give the Adanis access to Maharashtra, where it had no presence, even though the group straddles the entire coastline of the country with 11 operational ports and an under-construction transshipment terminal at Vizhinjam in southern Kerala.

It can be noted that Dighi Port was the first port to go for a bankruptcy in April 2018.

(Source: PTI)

9:02 PM , 09 Mar

Farmer's Suicide: Two Bank Officials Among Five Booked

Police have booked five people, including two bank officials, two days after a debt-ridden farmer committed suicide in UP's Saharanpur, officials said here on Monday.

They said the wife of the victim, Vedpal, had lodged a complaint at the Fatehpur police station here on the basis of a suicide note recovered from his pocket. According to police, the farmer had taken a loan of Rs 2.5 lakh from the bank, which he was unable to pay.

(Source: PTI)

8:54 PM , 09 Mar

North Korea Fires 3 Projectiles: South's Military

North Korea fired three unidentified projectiles into the sea on Monday, Seoul's military said, the second such weapons test by Pyongyang in a week.

The three devices were fired in a northeasterly direction from the Sondok area in South Hamgyong province, the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement, without further details.

"The military is monitoring for additional launches and maintaining readiness," it added.

A spokesman at Japan's defence ministry said North Korea launched what appeared to be "ballistic missile(s)", adding there had been no indication of anything coming down in Tokyo's territory or exclusive economic zone.

(Source: AFP)


Published: 09 Mar 2020, 6:16 AM IST
Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!