Gurgaon School Murder: Court Tells Media to Use ‘Bholu’ & ‘Prince’
The Gurgaon court does not want the identities of the school, the victim or the accused to be made public.
A Sessions Court in Gurgaon on Monday rejected the bail plea of a Class XI student of a Gurgaon school, arrested for allegedly murdering a Class II student on 8 September last year.
The court mandated that the proceedings be in-camera and that the media was restrained from revealing the identity of the juvenile, the victim, or of the school. It asked that identifiers ‘Bholu’, ‘Prince’ and ‘Vidyalaya’ to be used to refer to all three respectively, as reported by The Times of India.
Lawyers for the nearly 17-year-old accused sought bail for him, and arguments from the prosecution and defence were completed on Saturday.
The father of ‘Prince’ said, "We are happy and satisfied by the decision of the court. One day we will get justice for our son."
The court also slapped a Rs 21,000 fine on the defence for filing ‘unnecessary’ applications and wasting the court’s time.Prosecution Lawyer
The next hearing of the case will be held on 22 January. On 3 January, the accused was presented in the Sessions Court and was sent back to the protection home for 14 days judicial custody till 17 January.
Last week, for the first time, the accused was presented before the Sessions Court after the Gurugram Juvenile Justice Board on 20 December ordered that the accused would be tried as an adult. The accused is in an observation home in Faridabad in Haryana.
The defence counsel had claimed that the chargesheet in the matter was not filed within one month, as prescribed in the Juvenile Justice Act, and he was not given the required documents.
Opposing the contention, the CBI had said that the mandatory period for filing a chargesheet is 90 days under CrPC provisions as the accused had been declared an adult by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB).
Officers from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said the accused murdered the younger boy just to defer a unit test and a scheduled parent-teacher meeting.
Police had on 8 September arrested the school’s bus conductor for allegedly killing the child.
The case was handed over to the CBI on 22 September. It did not find any evidence against the conductor and instead took the Class XI student into custody on 8 November. The conductor was given bail on 21 November.
(With inputs from PTI, IANS)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.