J Manjula Appointed as DRDO’s First Ever Woman Director General
India’s Defense research body appoints its first ever woman director general: J Manjula
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has got its first woman Director General with the appointment of J Manjula as Director General, Electronics & Communication Systems cluster.
- Manjula has assumed charge from distinguished scientist and Director General Dr K D Nayak, who was holding additional charge as Director General Electronic & Communication Systems, DRDO said in a release.
- Manjula is the first woman Director General of the DRDO cluster.
- She has been leading Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), an establishment of DRDO, as a Director since July 2014.
- Manjula is an alumna of Osmania University and a practicing electronics and communications engineer.
- DRDO said she has served in Defence Electronics Research Laboratory, Hyderabad, for more than 26 years in the area of Integrated Electronic Warfare.
- Manjula has designed and realised fast signal acquisition receivers, high power RF systems, responsive jammers, controller software etc for various systems inducted in Army, Navy, Air Force and Paramilitary.
- Manjula is a recipient of DRDO award for ‘Performance Excellence’ and ‘Scientist of the Year 2011’.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.