Punjab COVID Curbs Extended Till 15 June, With Some Relaxations
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
India on Monday, 7 June, reported 1,00,636 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally in the country to 2,89,09,975. This is the lowest daily increase in 61 days, the Union Health Ministry pointed out. The death toll increased by 2,427 to 3,49,186.
According to the Health Ministry data, there are currently 14,01,609 active cases across the country, while 2,71,59,180 patients have been discharged so far, with 1,74,399 discharges reported in the last 24 hours.
- Maharashtra on Sunday reported 12,557 new COVID cases. The death toll increased by 233 to cross the one-lakh mark with 1,00,130 fatalities
- Delhi on Sunday reported 381 new infections, with a positivity rate of 0.5 per cent, and 34 fatalities
- Lockdown has been extended in Haryana till 14 June, but several relaxations have been given
- Markets, malls, and the Metro were allowed to operate in Delhi from Monday with some conditions
- Maharashtra announced a five-level unlock process, under which different areas of the state are having different degrees of restrictions
- More than 23.27 crore vaccine doses have been administered since India’s inoculation drive began in January
Madhya Pradesh Reports 571 New COVID Cases
Madhya Pradesh reports 571 new COVID cases, 1,782 patient discharges, and 32 deaths in the past 24 hours. Active cases stand at 8,860 and death toll reaches 8,369.
Chhattisgarh Records 1,285 New COVID Cases
Chhattisgarh reports 1,285 new COVID cases, 3,119 discharges, and 26 deaths in the last 24 hours. Active cases stand at 21,090, and death toll reaches 13,243.
West Bengal Reports 5,887 New COVID Cases
West Bengal reports 5,887 new COVID cases, 14,352 patient discharges, and 103 deaths in the last 24 hours . Active cases stand at 26,886 and death toll reaches 16,362.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.