India Records Another Biggest Single-Day Spike With 57,117 Cases
Catch all live updates on the COVID-19 pandemic here.
India on Saturday, 1 August, reported 57,117 new COVID-19 cases in what is the biggest one-day spike, taking the tally in the country to 16,95,998. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are currently 5,65,103 active cases across the country, while 10,94,374 patients have been cured or discharged. The death toll stands at 36,511.
Meanwhile, a day after Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal rejected the AAP government’s decision to allow normal functioning of hotels and weekly markets on a trial basis under ‘Unlock 3’, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia wrote to Home Minister Amit Shah, asking for immediate directions to be issued to the LG to overturn his decision, and allow hotels and such markets to function in the national capital.
- Maharashtra on Saturday reported 9,601 new COVID-19 cases and 322 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to 4,31,719 and the death toll to 15,316
- Delhi reported 1,118 new COVID-19 cases and 26 fatalities, taking the tally in the national capital to 1,36,716 and the death toll to 3,989
- Andhra Pradesh reported 9,276 new cases, taking the tally in the state to 1,50,209
- BJP leader and former minister P Manikyala Rao has died of COVID-19 in Andhra Pradesh’s Vijayawada, party sources cited by PTI said on Saturday
- The Centre informed SC on Friday that Punjab, Maharashtra, Tripura and Karnataka haven’t made timely payment to frontline workers
105-Yr-Old Afghanistan National Recovers In Greater Noida
A 105-year-old woman from Afghanistan, who spent a week on ventilator, discharged from hospital in UP's Greater Noida after recovering from COVID-19, reported ANI quoting officials.
Highest Single-Day Spike Recorded In Jharkhand
Highest single-day spike of 826 COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, taking the total infected tally to 11,314. There are 6,894 active cases and death toll rises to 106 with three more deaths.
Cong Leader Tests Positive For COVID-19
Congress leader PC Sharma tested positive for COVID-19 and appealed to all those who met him to get tested.
“I am healthy for now and undergoing medical treatment at Chirayu Hospital. I appeal to all who met me to get tested and quarantine themselves,” Sharma said.
1,602 New COVID Cases In Odisha
At least 1,602 new COVID cases reported in Odisha in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 33,479. The number of recovered cases is 20,517 and active cases are 12,737, said the state’s health department.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.