Russia, US plan no direct contacts for early 2019

Russia, US plan no direct contacts for early 2019

Published
Hot News
1 min read
Sergei Ryabkov. (File Photo: IANS)
Moscow, Jan 6 (IANS) Russia and the US have not scheduled any direct contacts for the beginning of 2019 so far, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said.
"As for direct face-to-face meetings, no contacts are (planned) for the near future," he was quoted by Tass news agency as saying on Saturday. In November, following the cancellation of a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump, the latter called off another previously scheduled meeting with his Russian counterpart on the sidelines of the Group of 20 in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires. Ryabkov noted that Moscow and Washington have continued working contacts through correspondence and embassies, such as a recent telephone conversation between the chief of Russia's General Staff Valery Gerasimov and the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford, Xinhua reported. Putin has repeatedly said that he is ready to meet Trump and discuss multiple issues on the bilateral and international agendas. --IANS pgh/

(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)

(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)

(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)

We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.

Liked this story? We'll send you more. Subscribe to The Quint's newsletter and get selected stories delivered to your inbox every day. Click to get started.

The Quint is available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, click to join.

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!