Rahul Gandhi Slams PM Modi for Launching Personal Attack on Him
Rahul Gandhi on Friday hit back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for launching personal attacks on him but dodging questions posed to him about the burning issues of the day.
The Congress Vice President also said that Modi made him listen to the quotes of his father, Rajiv Gandhi, and grandmother, Indira Gandhi, as he made personal attacks on him but did not answer his questions.
In a public rally in Silchar, Assam, Rahul said:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a one hour and 15 minute-long speech in Parliament and he made personal attacks on me. Launch personal attacks at me as much you want and enjoy it but do answer my four questions.
- There was peace in Haryana, feelings of brotherhood and the state was on the road to development. BJP came to power and set it on fire. Wherever they go they set places on fire and caused fights in Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, UP.
- They make one Indian fight wih the other. This is their ideology.
- Modi won the elections and said change with ‘acche din’ will come. If Congress wins in Assam and BJP in Delhi goes, only then ‘acche din’ will come. Don’t worry, we are working towards it.
- Modi went to Bihar 30 times and made promises. People of Bihar told him that first you fulfill the promises you had made earlier and sent him to Delhi. You ask him about employment and why he brought this fair and lovely scheme.
- BJP made a lot of promises, like they will give Rs 15 lakh to each person, employment to youth and at least 50 percent increment in Minimum Selling Price to farmers. But when they came to power, they tried to snatch farmers’ land (referring to land ordinance), but we stopped them.
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)