177 cases of norovirus infection confirmed in PyeongChang

177 cases of norovirus infection confirmed in PyeongChang

Published
Hot News
1 min read
PyeongChang: Installations symbolizing the PyeongChang Winter Olympics, titled "PyeongChang Becomes Global Shining Star," are illuminated on the night of Feb. 8, 2018, in this photo provided by the PyeongChang county office.(Yonhap/IANS)
Seoul, Feb 12 (IANS) Organisers of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics said Monday a total of 177 cases of norovirus infection have been confirmed since the outbreak in the Olympic host town last week.The organising committee added that 19 new cases were confirmed on Sunday. No athletes have been affected by the virus, which is known to cause stomach pain and diarrhea, it said, reports Yonhap news agency. The newly confirmed patients include three members of civil security staff.The organisers said 68 of those affected have fully recovered and returned to work.The organising committee earlier said in a statement that a survey of tap water, food staff and food items was under way to trace the route of transmission.--IANSsam/mr

(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)

(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)

(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)

We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!