People Share ‘Weirdest’ Foods from Around the World
A Twitter user, who goes by the name of ‘boy protagonist’, unleashed a storm on social media when they asked people from around the world to share their countries’ ‘weirdest’ food dishes.
Tweeple from several countries including France, US, Brazil, Australia, and Germany replied to his question on Twitter.
Care to Taste?
Here’s a taste of the social media responses that the tweet garnered.
1. France: Marrow bones in stew and sea snails called bigorneaux
2. Australia: Hardware store sausages
3. Mexico: Snake meat
4. Scotland: Haggis pakora
5. Germany: Mett or raw meat on bread
6. Sweden: Surströmming (fermented fish) and blood pudding
7. Greenland: Harp seal cake
8. Canada: Sonail´e gungospleen (ripe bottoms) or beaver butts smothered in cheese curds and donair sauce
9. Egypt: Koushary or rice and pasta covered in tomato and spicy sauce