Sexist Things Women Are Tired of Hearing ft. Gauahar Khan
15 Sexist things working women are tired of hearing, in Gauahar Khan’s words.
While the world is working towards building a more progressive and inclusive society, we still have a long way to go. It is 2019, and there is still a persistent patriarchal set-up in our society, one that pushes women down and constantly forces them to prove their worth. Even then, they deal with sexist taunts, are not fairly paid, and face discrimination in work. Though there are laws now to protect women against unequal and unfair treatment, it is hard to keep a check on the tongue. Here are a few things women are tired of hearing at work:
1) You're doing too well for a woman.
2) It's okay, I can take care of this. You go ahead and take care of your family.
3) Why are you getting so involved in this project? In two months you'll be gone for your maternity leave, right?
4) You are at work all the time. How do you manage this job and your house?
5) I think you should take a break from work. Your baby needs you more
6) It’s an important meeting, please dress well and come.
7) Your husband is so rich. Why do you need to work?
8) Why are you in such a demanding job,? You can freelance. You'll be able to take care of the house as well.
9) You're so mad at everyone today! Is it that time of the month?
10) This project is going to involve long hours of working, so I think its better if you give it to a boy.
11) I'm sure your appraisals are very good. I mean, you're so good looking.
12) Promotion? What have you done?
13) Are you sure you can handle it by yourself? I can ask Ravi to help you out.
14) You know, you're almost final. We can hire you, but just a quick question. In your personal life, are you wanting to get married some time soon?
15) How are you so punctual for this job? I'm assuming you don't cook at home?
Gauahar Khan will be seen in the official remake of the popular American show The Office. Gauahar plays a super boss in the show, but the actor is quite the boss in her real life too. Apart from being an actor and fashion entrepreneur, Gauahar is also known for being vocal about her political and social views on the social media.
The 13 episode mockumentary series is directed by Rohan Sippy and Debbie Rao and stars Mukul Chaddha, Gauahar Khan, Gopal Dutt and Samridhi Dewan amongst others.
Editor: Veeru Krishan Mohan
Cameraperson: Sanjoy Deb
Assistant Cameraperson: Gautam Sharma
Producer: Bilal Jaleel
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.