FIT Bites: Making a Vegan Vietnamese Rice Paper Roll
Here’s a vegan version of the Vietnamese rice paper roll - a cold snack that can be had on the go.
The Quint DAILY
For impactful stories you just can’t miss
Camera: Nitin Chopra, Sumit Badola
Editor: Puneet Bhatia
Nitin Dixit, co-founder of Greenr Cafe, talks about how a vegan diet is an efficient way to be kind to the planet and the environment. In the first episode of FIT Bites, he introduces us to the recipe of a Vietnamese rice paper roll. The vegan version of the delicacy includes the following ingredients:
- Rice paper rolls
- Rice noodles
- Moon sprouts
- Pickled carrots and cucumbers
- Himalayan pink salt
- Pumpkin seeds
- This is a cold dish and requires no cooking or stoves.
- The first step involves soaking the rice paper rolls in water. You can find these rolls at your nearest supermarket or online as well.Once soaked, spread the roll out and start with protein. Put tofu in it. It can be marinated for an extra zing.
- Next come rice noodles. They have to marinated in water as well. Place a small amount of them on the tofu.
- This is followed by moong dal sprouts. You can use any sprouts for this step, not necessarily moong.
- Once you’ve added the sprouts to the mix, layer it up with some lettuce.
- Add pickled carrots and cucumbers to it. They are pickled in vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle some Himalayan pink salt and pumpkin seeds.
- Roll it up and cut in half.
- Serve the roll with your favourite sauce. The one shown in the video is a peanut lemongrass sauce. You can also opt for sweet chilli or any other that you prefer.
The rice paper roll is a cold dish and can be had on the go. It’s a good, tasty source of protein and can be had at any time of the day. The dish in itself is part of a global trend and is often seen as being sold as takeaway in several parts of the world. While this is a vegan version of it, it’s found stuffed with animal protein as well.
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.
Liked this story? We'll send you more. Subscribe to The Quint's newsletter and get selected stories delivered to your inbox every day. Click to get started.
The Quint is available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, click to join.
Read and Breaking News at the Quint, browse for more from fit
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.