Without a healthy spine, the quality of your life can deteriorate every day as it is the support system of all major movements in your body. The spine responds best to movement. In fact, it is the lack of movement that causes more damage. Sitting in the office for long hours gathers toxins and tensions in various joints causing damage to our overall health.
Sports scientist and fitness consultant to some of the world's best athletes, Shayamal Vallabhjee speaks about the importance of spine in our day to day life and how one can work on it with 5 simple workouts. So get started!
Shayamal is a South African Sports Scientist & Performance Coach with 18 years of experience in High-Performance Sporting environments.
He’s the author of four books on Sports Science & Motivation, a TEDx speaker, recipient of the INK & Australia India Youth Dialogue Fellowship and Men’s Health ‘Trainer of the Year 2014.’
Here is the list of 5 exercises. Watch the video above to see how you can incorporate them in your daily life!
- Cat & Camel: Flexion-extension movement of this exercise helps strengthen the entire spine from the lumber to the cervical region of the base of the neck.
- Superman: For any chronic lower back pain.
- Swiss Ball Roll: To increase spinal rotation and lumber mobility.
- Double Leg Bridge: To strengthen the core, glute muscles and lower back.
- Back Hyper-extension: Best suitable for people aspiring for back-bends and inversion Asanas.
Camera: Sanjoy Deb
Editor: Veeru Krishan Mohan
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.