FIT Bites: How About a Glass of Ginger Ale to Cool You Down?
The beverage is easy to make and a great healthy alternative to sugary drinks you might otherwise seek comfort in.
In this episode of Fit Bites, Nitin Dixit, co-founder Greenr Cafe, shares the recipe of a ginger ale that can be easily made at home. It requires patience and investment of time, but at the end of it, what you get is a refreshing summer beverage that will definitely help you beat the heat.
To begin with, here are the list of ingredients that you require:
- Water in a bowl
- Chopped lemongrass
- Chopped ginger
- Powdered jaggery
- The first step is to pour water in a bowl.
- Take some chopped lemongrass.
- And then some chopped ginger.
- Add to it a bit of powdered jaggery.
- Once all the ingredients are together, bring them to a boil.
- Put all of it in a covered jar and now comes the patience bit - leave it in the sun for a week to ferment.
A week later...
- Put some ice in a glass.
- Take the fermented concoction and pour it in the glass.
- Add lemon juice, according to taste.
- Next comes jaggery syrup, to take the edge off the citrusy lemon.
- Mix it all together and now for the grand finale…
- Add carbonated water and serve chilled.
The beverage is easy to make and a great healthy alternative to sugary drinks you might seek otherwise comfort in.
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.