With 8,493 New Cases, Maharashtra’s COVID Tally Crosses 6 L-Mark
Catch all the live updates on COVID-19 here.
Maharashtra on Monday, 17 August, reported 8,493 new COVID-19 cases and 228 fatalities, taking the tally in the state above the 6 lakh-mark and the death toll to 20,265. As many as 11,391 patients were also discharged on Monday.
Meanwhile, 787 new infections were recorded in Delhi, taking the national capital’s case count to 1,53,367.
Earlier on Monday, India’s coronavirus tally rose by 57,982 to 26,47,664, while the death toll increased by 941 to 50,921. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there were 6,76,900 active cases across the country, while 19,19,842 patients had been discharged.
- Andhra Pradesh on Monday recorded 6,780 new COVID-19 cases and 82 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to 2,96,609 and the death toll to 2,732
- Tamil Nadu reported 5,890 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the state to 3,43,945
- Trinamool Congress MLA from Egra, Samaresh Das, who had tested positive for COVID-19, died on Monday, PTI reported
- India has tested more than 3 crore samples for COVID-19, the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) said
- India on Monday reported the highest single-day recoveries from COVID-19, with as many as 57,584 patients getting cured and discharged in 24 hours
46 New COVID-19 Cases in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
46 new cases reported in Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Monday, taking the total number of cases in Union Territory to 2,445 including 1,091 active cases and 1,325 recovered cases, reported ANI, citing the union territory’s administration
Twenty UP Assembly Staff Members Test COVID-19 Positive
Twenty Uttar Pradesh Assembly staff members test positive for coronavirus ahead of session, reported PTI, citing the speaker.
8,493 New COVID-19 Cases in Maharashtra, Tally Above 6 Lakh
Maharashtra on Monday reported 8,493 new COVID-19 cases and 228 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to 6,04,358 and the death toll to 20,265. As many as 11,391 patients were also discharged on Monday.
787 New COVID-19 Cases in Delhi; Tally Rises to Over 1.53 Lakh
Delhi on Monday reported 787 new COVID-19 cases and 18 fatalities, taking the tally in the national capital to 1,53,367 and the death toll to 4,214. As many as 740 patients also recovered or were discharged on Monday.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.