Over 17,000 New COVID Cases in Delhi, Biggest 1-Day Spike So Far
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
Delhi on Wednesday, 14 April, reported 17,282 new coronavirus cases, the biggest one-day spike in the national capital ever since the pandemic began, taking the tally to 7,67,438. The death toll increased by 104 to 11,540.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is in self-isolation.
Earlier on Wednesday, India reported 1,84,372 fresh COVID-19 cases in the biggest one-day spike so far, taking the country’s total to 1,38,73,825, as the death toll rose by 1,027 to 1,72,085. As per data from the Union Health Ministry, there are 13,65,704 active cases in the country, while 1,23,36,036 patients have been discharged so far.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will be holding a meeting with Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Thursday
- The Rajasthan government has imposed night curfew in all its cities from 6 pm to 6 am between 16 April and 30 April
- Maharashtra on Wednesday reported 58,952 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally to 35,78,160
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday announced that Section 144 will be imposed in the state from Wednesday for 15 days
- Former Uttar Pradesh CM and Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav said he had tested positive for COVID-19, adding that he is in home isolation
Delhi CM to Meet L-G Baijal Tomorrow Amid COVID Surge
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will be holding a meeting with Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Thursday amid the massive spike in COVID-19 cases in the national capital.
Over 31.39 Lakh Vaccine Doses Given on Wednesday
More than 31.39 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered till 8 pm on Wednesday in India, taking the vaccination tally to more than 11.43 crore, the Union Health Ministry said.
Denmark to Halt Using AstraZeneca Vaccine Entirely
The Health Authority of Denmark said on Wednesday that it would halt using the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine entirely in its vaccination programme, Reuters reported.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
09:35 AM, 14 AprIndia Reports Biggest 1-Day Spike of 1,84,372 COVID Cases
10:20 AM, 14 AprAkhilesh Yadav Tests Positive for COVID-19
12:50 PM, 14 AprEnough Hospital Beds Available: Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
12:51 PM, 14 AprKailash Gahlot Tests Positive for COVID-19
01:10 PM, 14 AprCM Adityanath Says He Has Tested Positive for COVID-19, in Self-Isolation
09:03 PM, 14 AprOver 17,000 New COVID Cases in Delhi, Biggest 1-Day Spike So Far
10:23 PM, 14 AprNight Curfew in All Rajasthan Cities from 16 to 30 April
10:36 PM, 14 AprDenmark to Halt Using AstraZeneca Vaccine Entirely