Some of the elements in this story are not compatible with AMP. To view the complete story, please click here
Fire-fighters entering the 13th floor after the outbreak of the fire. 

Fire Doused in Bandra Building That Was Once Home to Sachin, Ash

Chief Fire Officer, P S Rahangdale Says the Fire Was Doused Due to the Timely Response by the Brigade

It was the timely response by the Brigade, though the Fire Fighting Systems were not in place. Fire was Control and not allowed to spread.
P S Rahangdale, Chief Fire Officer
Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 3:11 PM

A fire broke out on the 13th floor of a high-rise building in Bandra West, Mumbai on Tuesday. No casualties were reported as the fire was doused. Actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and ad-film director Prahlad Kakkar have owned houses in the building.

  • Fire breaks out in Bandra high-rise
  • 4 fire engines, 4 water tankers and 1 ambulance sent to the spot
  • No casualties have been reported
Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM

The Building Society Is Likely to Be Served a Notice Today as Their Fixed Fire-Fighting System Was Not Working

Post the outbreak of the fire, efforts to fight it began at 12.45 pm. The fire was confined to the 13th floor of the building, and was brought under control by 1.45 pm. The building society is most likely to receive a notice because their fixed fire-fighting system was not working. Meanwhile, the electricity and water supply of the building will be discontinued by the concerned authorities until the fire-fighting system is fixed.

Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Actors Spotted Visiting the Building

Actors Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan were spotted visiting the building, a few minutes ago. Prahlad Kakkar stays in the same building.

Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM

No Casualties Reported as Fire Doused

Chief Fire Officer told The Quint that the fire has been doused and no casualties have been reported so far.

Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Visuals from the Spot

Pictures from inside the apartment on the 13th floor. 

The fire broke out in the Lamer Building on Kadeshwari Road in Bandra West.

Efforts are being made to bring the situation under control after the fire. 

Further details are awaited.

(Breathe In, Breathe Out: Are you finding it tough to breathe polluted air? Join hands with FIT to find #PollutionKaSolution. Send in your suggestions to or WhatsApp @ +919999008335)

(The Quint is now available on Telegram and WhatsApp. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to our Telegram and WhatsApp channels)

Updated at: October 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM